Tuesday, November 4, 2008

SERIOUSLY?!

I'm on the PTO board at Cambree and Hailey's school. The past two years we have put on a fall festival that requires TONS of hours of hard work and preperation but is rewarding in the end. The week before the festival, I have a plan to accomplish everything that needs to be done. Everyone one has to cooperate with my plan for it to go smoothly, this year my kids (and my immune system) did not get this memo. Here is how this fantastic week went:
Alyssa and Braden came inside very proud to announce to me that they made a river in the backyard. They weren't kidding, and yes, that is my lawnmower that I did not put away sitting in water! Another PTO member came over with her daughter so she and I could work on stuff for the festival. Of course Alyssa and Braden took her daughter Georgia staight to the "river" to play in the mud! Since that day Georgia has been asking her mom to take her to the "water house"!
I started to loose my voice and didn't feel so hot but put that on the back burner because things for the festival were falling apart left and right. Thank goodness for Eric who was such a HUGE help last week! Saturday, Braden woke up with a fever, we druged him and somehow made it through the day. I don't know how, but we managed to pull off a successful fall festival that night! By Sunday that poor little Braden was really sick. I took him to an urgent care by our house and they sent us on to the ER. I had strep and pneumonia, poor little Braden had tonsillitis, a throat infection (not strep), and Mono of all things! After an I.V., some sprite and a popsicle, he was ready to come home!
A BIG THANKS to friends who have helped with my house and kids (you know who you are)!

4 comments:

gray-gang said...

Now that is dedication! You win super mom of the year...uhh...wait..you drugged your baby and the poor thing had mon, a.k.a "kissing" disease....I take it back, no mom of the year award for you!! ;) I dont think people realize all the hard work these school activities take, I am sure it turned out awesome! Hope you guys get to feeling better! Nice to see you blogging again, I have missed hearing updates on you guys! We oughta just grab Vel and get together to catch up!! I miss you Brooke!

Louisa said...

I have to say that you totally win Mom of the Year Award. You are so amazing with everything you do and I thought the festival was a huge success. We hope you guys can get better soon!!!

Tom and Joanne Asburry said...

Sick, what sick?! You did such a great job on the festival you couldn't tell you have a real life.
Love You Guys,
Mom and Dad

The Lowes said...

Wow,
That doesn't sound like a fun week at all. Well maybe the river part was fun? Can you get Mono from muddy Queen Creek water? So sorry you had to go through all of that. I'm glad you are all on the mend. It was so nice of you all to make the journey to Heber yesterday. I truly appreciated having your family there.